Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally! Google Wave Access

As I posted earlier, I received an invitation to join Google's Wave Sandbox yesterday. So I filled out the invitation response form and today I received access. What's really cool is that they not only give you an account setup to access the wave, but they also give you a test account, as well. Therefore, I have two accounts on WaveSandbox.com: nolybab@wavesandbox.com and nolybab-test@wavesandbox.com. How great is that?!

I have to say that the UI is not quite as responsive as I had hoped, but it is fairly stable and I'm sure that performance will increase over time--keep in mind this is in very early beta release at this time. I tested the wave in Google Chrome, but it doesn't appear to work in that browser very well, but runs OK is Firefox (3.5.1 beta). Below is a screen-shot of my wave-client in the Firefox:


My next steps are to learn to embed a wave and then write a couple wave gadgets for testing. I am hoping to embed a wave here on this blog, so check back soon. Also, if you have access to the wavesandbox and would like to collaborate, get in touch with me and let's see what interesting functionality we can develop!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I am still eagerly awaiting my account access. Must admit am getting excited by the amount of things that can do with Wave.

    I am a Python developer so I will be concentrating on creating Robots mainly, but also want to tinker with Gadgets as well ;)

    Regards
    Anthoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who to approach to get invitation to start my own google wave?!!

    thirutheg8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for access to Google Wave, then go to either of these URL's:

    If you're a developer, fill out the form at
    https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wavesignupfordev/.

    Or, if you're not a developer, fill out the form at
    https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wavesignup/.

    These are the only ways to get an account if you do not already have one. From what I understand, they are planning on granting access to over 20k developers by the end of August, and by end of September to open a public beta for everyone...

    ReplyDelete